Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a pain to shovel, real wet & heavy. We have been without power for 25 hours as of this post. Thank you generator. Only problem is fuel. The whole area for miles is without power.

·
Registered
32,983 Posts
It was a pain to shovel, real wet & heavy. We have been without power for 25 hours as of this post. Thank you generator. Only problem is fuel. The whole area for miles is without power.
I am in the uk
we get very little snow
that reminded me of being a young girl and getting stuck in a bad snow drift lol

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The guys on the electric light crews are busting butt. There are still 100k+ without power, including our little town. 26 degrees out right now. Generators running right now, hope I can find someone with electric, and propane. I'm on my last tank.

·
Registered
124,820 Posts
Well I found propane, that will give me about 35hrs on the generator. Here are a few pics of the downed trees in the city of Westfield, Ma. The utility crews are busting their butts.
We get downed trees here when the winter rain gets heavy. The city has many tall trees that are quite old. The city trims ahead of the heavy rain, but can't get them all. Sac is known as the City of Trees.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The issue we had here with the trees is that the leaves were still on the trees. Some of the leaves were still green, some of the foliage was just getting to its peak. Some of the town north of us had more snow and less damage as the leaves were off the trees. The local electric crews are doing a great job, and Westfield Gas & Electric have been keeping everyone updated via facebook.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The issue we had here with the trees is that the leaves were still on the trees. Some of the leaves were still green, some of the foliage was just getting to its peak. Some of the town north of us had more snow and less damage as the leaves were off the trees. The local electric crews are doing a great job, and Westfield Gas & Electric have been keeping everyone updated via facebook.
K7M-
Good you found propane. Please be careful w/ the generator. The news says a lot of trees are being lost to the snow storm.
In snow country many suffered from carbon monoxide. May all the electricity be back soon.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Coastal, thank you for your concern. The generator is a fixed, whole house unit. The issue with propane is none of the companies want to service my tanks because my consumption is not high enough. (the generator is my only appliance on propane) So I have 4 100# tanks that I load into my truck and bring to a station to have filled. We did get commercial power back last night about 7:30pm, but a lot of communities are still without.

·
Registered
124,820 Posts
Coastal, thank you for your concern. The generator is a fixed, whole house unit. The issue with propane is none of the companies want to service my tanks because my consumption is not high enough. (the generator is my only appliance on propane) So I have 4 100# tanks that I load into my truck and bring to a station to have filled. We did get commercial power back last night about 7:30pm, but a lot of communities are still without.
Hope all clears up soon!

·
Registered
609 Posts
K7M-
Good the power grid is up and running for folks in your area. I can imagine the Power people are dead tired from all the work. Mother nature is wonderful, but it can give us punches from time to time. But the snow i s beautiful when it first falls. Then its work. :-(

·
Registered
17,519 Posts
We just got an inch from the storm...as you can see, the squirrel is liking it

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.