Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently downloaded Snagit for evaluation. I wanted to capture and print part of a MS KB article. I set the input parameter to Window. The Help program for Window Input says at this point "to perform a scrolling capture of the contents of a scrollable window, click AutoScroll from the Input menu or Toolbar." But the Select Input window doesn't have an AutoScroll option and if I move that window so I can see the Snagit window with the toolbar I find that the toolbar is disabled or grayed out and is not available to me.

So how do I follow the above instructions from Snagit Help for selecting the AutoScroll option?

In the Help program, I look at Input Options and click on Menu Input to see if I can find the answer. The first instruction there is "to set the input parameter to Menu" and also "select Input Include Cursor". But Select Input window does not give me those options.

So I don't know what to do at this point.

I am assuming that Snagit allows me to capture not just the visible window but either the whole window, including what is not on my screen, or part of the whole window, again including what is not on my screen. Is that assumption correct?

Thank you. grandpaw

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Hi grandpaw,

I've not used Snagit, however from what I can see here it sounds like it is not user friendly................

I've used Hardcopy for some time now and it works very well, here is the link. I find that it is very easy to use and manage. Take a look-see, I think you will agree.

http://www.hardcopy.de/hardcopy/english/index.htm

btw, the program is free to use for as long as you like the man who wrote it asks only that if you like it and you wish to keep it you send him an $8.00 or $10.00 "tip" I sent him a $20.00 and he kindly sent me the program in a CD ROM along with a Thank You.

DS

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dark Star, thanks for the suggestion. I have had PrintKey for some time and have found it to be quite satisfactory. But, in one of the threads I was reading, one of HelpOnTheNet's techs recommended SnagIt because he said it was the only one that could copy an entire window (both what was showing on the screen and what would require scrolling to see); at least, that is what I understood him to say. So, I though I'd try it for that particular purpose; with PrintKey, I had just been making more copies as I scrolled down the page, which worked okay but we Americans are always looking for something easier. So, after I solve more pressing problems, I'll give Hardcopy a look see.
Thanks. Sorry to be so wordy but it's in my genes (that is my "fits all" excuse.) grandpaw

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.