Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi friend,

I want to maintain table which may be useful for raising the query easily .Please give the best solution to this (e.g VB,MS access) and give the step by step procedure to do this

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hmm, I'm confused what you are asking for here seeneedee. What type of data are you storing and what types of queries do you want to be able to execute? Could you give us some sample data and a sample query?

Access is good for simple database and query uses and many helpful how-to's can be found online. If you want something a little more robust you could always try something like Oracle 10g Express Edition which is a free home version of Oracle. Also, mySQL is available for free, but requires a more complicated and advanced setup.

-Kyle

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi kyle,

we maintaining the so excel sheets as day wise ,it will be consolidated week wise &month wise by manually,my requirement is i want to automise the weekly and monthly reports generation by rising some query on daily report.suggest some solution.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
So your existing solution uses Excel spreadsheets, which are then collated manually to make the monthly reports ? If you are using Excel, you can try using either formulas or macros depending on the daily data as well as the desired output form of the data. I agree with IsolatedSnail in regards to having more information about the problem, possibly sample data and the desired type of output if possible ?

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
I would import the Excel data in to Access (if you have it) and then use Access.
It has better input and output Controls than Excel and queries are designed to collate large amounts of data.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.