Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

Hope someone can help me with a small problem that's bugging my. My desktop is connected to a ADSL2+ router with a net cable. My connection is 12 Mb and my upload should be about 1mb at best. Lately I have been getting uploads as slow as 25 kb/s instead of a normal 900 or so, my download is fine at about 10 Mb. Thinking my router or cable was at fault I unplugged the cable from the desktop and plugged it into my laptop and the upload was the normal 900 kb/s Thinking the Ethernet connection to my motherboard (Asrock P4VM900-SATA2) was faulty I disabled it and installed a new pci Ethernet adapter and thought my problems would be over but there was no change. Getting pretty tired of this I unplugged the cable, installed a USB wireless dongle and everything was fine, upload 935.0kb/s download 8.85Mb/s. I prefer to be connected to the router via cable instead of wireless so no my question is: Does anyone know what is causing my problems?

My desktop has Win XP recently installed with all the SP's and updates and I do NOT have any viruses or malware and apart from this problem everything is great.

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
try the following

in safemode with networking
keep tapping F8 as the PC starts a menu should appear
choose safemode with networking
Now test the speed - if that works ok - then something in normal mode is blocking and we need to go through a controlled process of trail and error

also try this reset and see if that solves issue
TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

Post back the results here
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
your welcome :up: thanks for letting us know
You can mark your own threads solved using the
button at the top of the page of the thread in the upper left corner.
:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.