Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you geniuses out there know why my "Yahoo" email pages load slower than a constipated snail?

I don't have this problem with MSN's "hotmail". Just for a test, I browsed around on Yahoo's "news" feature, and THOSE pages seemed to load reasonably fast. But, once I click on "check email" - - the page for my password: sloooooow, the page for "inbox": sloooow, the page for an individual message: sloooow. It is SO agonizingly slow that's it just not worth the wait!

This seems to happen all the time - - various days of the weeks, various times of day, so it's not a one time thing.

Any advice? Any suggestions for OTHER free email services?
(I emailed "[email protected]", but no responce so far).

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
DN

I use Yahoo but I don't have that problem, I do however find that I sometimes can't get into my mail at all and to try back later.
You already know about hotmail, that's what I use most . Have you tried mail.com or another one of mine is Netscape.net, you get 5mb of space with them and I have never had any problems.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
The only thing I can think of is that it may be the route that your packets are taking to get there. I use it all the time here at work for my personal email and the only time I see any problems is when there is a congestion on the route to yahoo.

You could try a different email provider.

As for hotmail, from here, hotmail is out a lot. I mean a lot. Yesterday the site was inaccessable for 4 hours.

Free email accounts.

http://www.onebox.com
http://www.e-garfield.com (you think I jest)
http://www.zzn.com/membersarea_en/home.asp?Mailring=Default

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm. I'm surprised. I've used hotmail alot over a long period of time and I've rarely had any problems with them. I needed to separate things out into another account, so I thought I'd give Yahoo a try. But the problem persists! Slower than molasses in wintertime!

I was thinking maybe there was some kind of "conflict" thing because I already had the hotmail account and maybe hotmail was somehow interferring with Yahoo. Hotmail continues to work fine for me, Yahoo continues to be very slow. I guess I should just open a 2nd hotmail account, but that presents some problems because I already have things being sent to the Yahoo address. Any other suggestions for how I might fix the Yahoo slow load?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
DN

Yahoo has a feature where you can have your mail forwarded to another email account so you could have it all sent to Hotmail. I've been using hotmail for a couple of years and rarely have a problem with it.
There is a catch with the Yahoo forwarding though, you have to sign up to have a Yahoo Delivers account which means getting special offers from them. You could always filter all that out with Hotmail.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Do you have ad-terminator running in the background. Do a find for terminator and see if anything comes up.

jm100dm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.