Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,105 Posts
For the sound problem, go to start/run/type msinfo32 and press enter.
Go to the left hand frame, choose hardware environment, choose irq's. You should see a list in the right hand frame of your irq usage. Go to the edit menu, choose select all, back to edit menu, choose copy, then paste the list back into this thread as a reply.

Also, go to start/settings/control panel/system/device manager/sound/ any yellow or red indicators, if so, click on it, select properties, what is the error message.

For the speed problem go here www.dslreports.com and in the tools section under tweaks run the test, it will report on problems with your settings and suggest fixes.

Not sure with the way at & t is having problems but worth a shot.
I was lucky, got put back on my old media one network, didn't suffer the fate of some of you others.

·
Registered
12,105 Posts
email from user, please reply to the thread so everyone can see and help

Thanks for your info. I tried re-installing the AT&T Home Cable System software. To no avail. Still haven't any sound and the speed is still slow. I still get an error message, "A required .DLL file PCQUALAST.DLL was not found" I am afraid when the AT&T installation crew installed the ethernet card, they pulled the sound card. Oh well, I'll keep searching.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.