Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HP computer that froze up....pushed the button on the front of the tower......computer comes back on, no picture....ive checked all cables, tried another monitor, changed memory, cleared cmos, new video, etc, etc, etc.....no luck.....any ideas?

·
Registered
110 Posts
try reinstalling OS?

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
So, even after you shut down you still don't get picture? It sounds like you are having trouble going into suspend, but it should be ok on reboot. Try temperarily using a different video card.

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
Are you sure the moniter is ok? When it first froze, did you get a picture? If you can, try the moniter on a different computer and/or try a different moniter on your computer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had that porblm once, and found that there was a bent pin on the plug socket. it was not allowing the screen to light up. I straghtend it up and pluged it back in and the screen light up.
(just a thought)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ive checked monitor cables. power cables. their respective plug-ins, ive tried other monitors. Still i get nothing.....

Also, i tried pulling out the processor and reseating it....
nothing

i tried putting processor in another board, i get beep codes. (cause i had no video card in the other machine). This leads me to think that the processor in question does work.

i then tried another processor in the computer and i get the same problem...no picture.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was going to say memory next, but I see that you already tried new memory. I know that if it don't get through the memory bank, there will be no picture.ther must be another problem in the mother board itself in the loading up sequence. possibly the bios chip. you said you checked the processor.have you had the hard drive checked, it might not be starting, to go through the loading sequence. if its not reading the drive it won't do anything.
I had a bad hard drive in one and it wouldn't do anything. A thought!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.