Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Chris Ashwell and it would be much appreciated if you could help me with a problem i am having with my sisters router. Basically her boyfriend wanted to connect his PSP to the router so he could use the interent on his PSP, it wasnt letting him connect the PSP so i thought id have a look on the routers homepage and see what might be preventing this.
I stupidly decided to change the current setting of WEP to WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK and now the laptop can only receive a Local Connection. The 'Online' light on the router is red. Ive tried pressing the reset button on the back of the router but this doesnt change anything and i cant change it back to WEP because when i do i don't get any connection what so ever!

I would be very greatful if anyone knows how to fix the router so i can put it back to WEP or any other solutions so that the Siemens Gigaset will let thier laptop connect to the internet.
I have a backup router i may be able to use, in my opinion the worst router thats ever been made the 'Orange Livebox'. Now this is my old router that i decided to get rid of before i bought my laptop because i knew that it had connection problems with external devices like PSP's. I could use this instead of the Siemens one but i dont have a clue how to set it up so it will work with there laptop.

Thanks for your help, Chris Ashwell :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.