Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running Windows 2000 and I just upgraded my system with an new motherboard (ASUS P4S333) and CPU. Trouble I am now having is that the system wont shutdown. Whenever I select shutdown it restarts instead. I haven't reinstalled the software or any thing, just loaded the drivers and other software for the new board. I would really appreciate any help available in resolving this shutdown problem

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I would carefully go through the BIOS and make sure everything is set correctly. Then I would boot to the SAFE mode (can you in 2000?) and go through the Device Manager and remove duplicated devices. I admit I don't use Win2000 so if this info is off, I apologize. I have done the same thing you did but only it was with Win98. I had to do a lot of tweaking to get things working right especially in Power Management. The computer never did act right.

·
Registered
27 Posts
petgrave
Whenever I need help with the BIOS, I usually check the manufacturers site for any updates/support. They usually have some answers(but not all the time)
ie, http://www.ami.com/amibios

you can boot to safe mode in W2K. I had to do it last night to fix one of my many screw-ups.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.