Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Should I get Ghost or an alternative for full imaging?

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  DCM1519 
#1 ·
I want to get software that will do what Ghost claims to do: easy backups plus full disc images so that I will have peace of mind, knowing that I can always recover my system in case of a disaster. I recently had to go through a total reinstall of XP and it was very discouraging (and time-consuming!)

My brother recommended Ghost, saying that at his corporate office, the techs used it constantly and it was gold. Another PC tech told me it was great. But I have seen countless negative reviews saying that it was a total mess.

Should I still consider Ghost? Or is there an alternative software available that doesn't cost a fortune and will do these tasks? I don't want some low-level shareware program; I want all of the features in an easy-to-use program.

Thanks for any advice!

#2 ·
I don't have any info about other packages but I have ghost and it works great. I recently used it to recover to a previous save after I finished a job and considering I hade to reinstall XP-Pro several times to get everything set up correct (Siemens software can be a b----h to install) it was great.

#5 ·
I have Ghost, Acronis, and others but use DriveImageXML which is free from Runtime Software. The only downside that I have found is that you have to create a boot disk through BartPE for use when the C: drive needs restoration. Any other drive can be restored without a boot disk.

This one has never failed while all the others have failed me on at least one occasion.

DriveImageXML has never failed me and i have had to use it several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.