Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and Happy Holidays to Everyone,

My daughter recently won a MSI- Windows 7 Starter Netbook from her school. I got it to connect to my network and surfing the net is fine. I have three computers also on the network which are XP versions, my desktop is the main server and two other netbooks that are xp as well for my other 2 daughters. I'm trying to get the Window 7 to see the other comps., but its not bringing them up when I click the "search" link under network/sharing center.

The strangest thing is that I was able to share the printer I have on the network. It sees that. But it did not pull up the printer when I did the search. I had to actually put in the address and printer name, then it worked fine. I have two folders that I share on the network, it won't bring them up in the network group or places. Like I said the strangest thing is that when I first got it and did all the network stuff without actually reading about Windows 7, everything worked. I could see everything on the network status window. NOW, I don't know what happen. I've been trying and can't get it to work.

Can anyone show me the steps on how to properly network windows 7 starter to the other three XP computers?

Thank you.:(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.