Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Setup Sound on Old Packard Bell Monitor

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  I Fix 4 U 
#1 ·
I just got an old packard bell monitor. (on the back it says its model number is 2020)
It has two large speakers attached to it with a speaker cord coming out of each. I want to know how to set it up as my speakers now, so that i can hear from it. There is only one sound connector in my pc, so i can't connect both speakers. I'm not even sure if both of the cords are for the speakers but i assume that.

So how do i setup the hardware and then Windows 2000 Pro to use it as my speakers. I'd also like the proper driver working so that i don't have to constantly reset the monitor when i change resolutions etc.

#4 ·
On the packard bell speakers one of the wires usually goes to the other speaker. The other goes to the sound card. This is usually a green colored plug. but knowing Packard bell it could be beige colored. THen there is usually a socket for pluging in the power supply for the speakers. I believe it should be a 12 volt power supply.

#5 ·
I saw a headphone jack, yes they are miniplugs. I couldn't find another place to plug into, but i'll look to find one to connect to the speaker and then place the main into the computer if i can find one. Thanx for the driver site if i can get the right one i hope for win2k, i should be able to have better control.
Keep me posted and thank you all.

#6 ·
Judging by what you said dustyjay you seem to be right. I do have a cord w/ plug in the shed i'll go pull it out looks like the powersource. I will look for the connection to the speakers, and yes the cords are worn beige. LOL.
thanx i'll try it out now.
acacandy, may i ask what that's for?

[update: well, i couldn't find a place to put the second cord into the main speaker except the headphone jack. I couldn't find a place for the speaker plug is it in any weird location that i may be missing? Also, possibly since i couldn't find the place to plug it in, when i connected it up, it wouldn't produce sound.]

#7 ·
look on the plugs to see if there is an ambossed symbol on them in that case. THat may lead you to where to plug them in. THe shorter cord would be for plugging into the other speaker. One speaker may have only a cord coming out of it. THe other should have 2 connectors and one wire coming out of it. One connector will be a mini plug for the speaker wire. the other should be a bit larger and have a pin in the middle of it this is for the power adapter.

#11 ·
Hmm idk Candy ;) :)

My posts usually end up with soldiers around them.
On another note, i can't really do much about the monitor issue at the moment, as another more important problem is making it impossible to tell. I'm gonna work on it, but i think my computer's graphics card is acting up. Its the computer w/ the monitor problem we're talking about here. I'll keep yall updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.