Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my name is Cam and I am currently an undergrad studying electrical engineering. This is my situation:

I have access to cable internet in my dorm room via an ethernet plug on the wall. I plug an ethernet cable in the wall then connect it to my computer and I have the internet, simple enough. I would like to share to share this single connection between two computer at the same time. One of these computers will be running Linux and the other Windows Vista. What is the cheapest and simplest way to set up a small network to accomplish this?

I am very new to anything of this sort, so I have very little background knowledge.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of software does this require? I am running Linux Mint on my system, but any other computers that connect to the network will be windows systems.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
No software required at all. For wired connections, you reset it to factory defaults and stick the cables into it. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.