Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 win2k servers that someone else setup but I can't find any antivirus running anywhere on either. I don't see anything in the tray and can't find any antivirus programs or folders anywhere.

I figured the guy who set it up should have installed something or maybe I don't know where to look since I don't know much about servers?

And if I need something, which should I install?

thanks

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even though you are not sitting on the server checking your email do you normally have antivirus installed on all servers? Is the potential threat different than say a workstation?

When I am trying to figure out how to do things on the network or with the servers I need to access the internet and forums like this to look up "how to" information. So while I am trying to figure out things on the server I pop open a browser and get on the internet so I guess I really need the antivirus or should I not even be browsing the internet when on the server?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.