Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GatewayE3400 , 256mb, ATI128 RAge pro, 40g,60gand outrider (usb) 120gHDD.
Generic cd,Optprite 52x CDRW,Outrider (usb) 32x CDRW, PCI 6port (4out-2in) USBcard,one MultiCard read/write-usb, and one belkin wireless adapter (G54mbps)802.11g(PCI) ...
OS-Win2000 pro/w Office 2003
Here is the problem, I was having no trouble with any of my sys, then suddenly my wireless began to not connect with the home LAN..... I forgot:That part of this mess consists of an SMC cable modem and NETGEAR wireless Router WGT624 I have updated the firmware.....There are four other systems of varying type also connected and no probs... My sons' system((Trendnet TEW-423PI , 802.11g) is doing the same thing and the only thing the two sys have in commom is the operating system....
If I uninstall- reinstall the card w/o reboot itworks fine... If I reboot , it shows the card to be working but will not connect ...Specifically diag shows it to be transmitting,not recieving..... My sons' system does exactly the same thing and like I said it has nothing physically incommon.... Netgear does not seem to be the culprit ... could it be 2000 Pro??? When I installed it I was informed that scrcons.exe was missing but it is not; it is present, this happened when settingup my sons' sys as well......
I can use the system as is ,I simply hate little mysteries like this ....
Any Help?????

:( :rolleyes:

·
Retired Moderator
110,551 Posts
Closed, please do NOT post duplicates on the same issue. :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.