Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GatewayE3400 , 256mb, ATI128 RAge pro, 40g,60gand outrider (usb) 120gHDD.
Generic cd,Optprite 52x CDRW,Outrider (usb) 32x CDRW, PCI 6port (4out-2in) USBcard,one MultiCard read/write-usb, and one belkin wireless adapter (G54mbps)802.11g(PCI) ...
OS-Win2000 pro/w Office 2003
Here is the problem, I was having no trouble with any of my sys, then suddenly my wireless began to not connect with the home LAN..... I forgot:That part of this mess consists of an SMC cable modem and NETGEAR wireless Router WGT624 I have updated the firmware.....There are four other systems of varying type also connected and no probs... My sons' system((Trendnet TEW-423PI , 802.11g) is doing the same thing and the only thing the two sys have in commom is the operating system....
If I uninstall- reinstall the card w/o reboot itworks fine... If I reboot , it shows the card to be working but will not connect ...Specifically diag shows it to be transmitting,not recieving..... My sons' system does exactly the same thing and like I said it has nothing physically incommon.... Netgear does not seem to be the culprit ... could it be 2000 Pro??? When I installed it I was informed that scrcons.exe was missing but it is not; it is present, this happened when settingup my sons' sys as well......
I can use the system as is ,I simply hate little mysteries like this ....
Any Help?????

:( :rolleyes:

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Closed, please do NOT post duplicates on the same issue. :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.