Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am currently building large folders with multiple names to go out for my business. The problem is that when I send an email to these folks, they see all the other people on the list as well. Is there a way to send an email with multiple names without the whole list of names being listed? Help!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Yes ... put all the addresses in BCC... (blind carbon copy)

the addresses don't show to everyone that way.

(When you have the e-mail ready to send click on to: & open the address book ... pick from the left column the names & addresses & move them to BCC at the bottom right... then click OK & send )

Savvy :)
ps tell LucyRicky hello for me..lol

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
what i don't like about the bcc approach - which does work - is that the email received says:

to: Undisclosed-Recipient:mad:mx4-tx.mail.isp.com; <Undisclosed-Recipient:mad:mx4-tx.mail.isp.com;>

which to me is not a business like approach to emailing clients - real and potential

as an alternative, take a look at some mass/group mail programs
- i use group mail which allows you to import address books from .txt or other programs, and send each person an indivual email
- the same email, but it shows up with their name on it only, not a long list of everyone else

watch out for spyware versions, this one is clean
it's an option

btw - it's also free, tho you can upgrade to a verson with more features for a few $$

ps: how's LittleRicky doing too? :)

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
You can set the groups up right in the address book of Outlook Express & name them business assoc. or friends or whatever you like. All in the addressbook & then apply the group title to BCC as well.

·
Registered
57,788 Posts
jbcalg ,

"what i don't like about the bcc approach - which does work - is that the email received says:

to: Undisclosed-Recipient:mad:mx4-tx.mail.isp.com; "

If you put your own address on the TO: and BCC: the rest of the address then you will not see that.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Actually, you can put anything you like in the "To" column. Even if it isnt an email address. You will just get a message that it couldnt be sent to that person but the rest will go and could show up as To: Business Friends.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
However, its not nescessary to put anything in TO:

If you name the group it will show to the recipient what the group mail name was ... even in BCC... but it will not say undisclosed recipient.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
yes,
all good points and variations on using bcc

and works fine for to: family, to: friends, etc

for business related communications (and in my case also a large service organization email newsletter)
i still prefer a free and easy software program that sends a multiple recipient email to an individual
- not a group name, not a blank, etc, etc

but that's just my approach

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by jbcalg
- i use group mail which allows you to import address books from .txt or other programs, and send each person an indivual email
- the same email, but it shows up with their name on it only, not a long list of everyone else
the underlined link above is the one i mentioned, there's others if you look at zdnet or cnet etc

as for 'business related' - well that's my perspective, everybody/business has their own style, as long as it works for them

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Looks like a great little program

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.