Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running WindowsXP with SP2. Word 2003. OE6. IE6. Have HP 1210 all-in-one and Canon BJC2010. Both work fine. Problem when I wish to print a document, or e-mail text, or whatever, and click on ctrl+P, or use File menu, or whatever, I always get the printer I do not want to use. I use the HP for scanning and copying, particularly in color, and prefer the Canon for regular printing from Word or OE or IE. But somehow each time, I get the HP rather than the Canon. Now on the window for printing they always have a list of options, so this is not a crisis, just a request to lower the nuisance titre a bit. There should be a place to go to select a default printer. Could one of you experts advise?
Thanks. Geezer77

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Control Panel> Printers and Faxes > chose the printer you want to make your default>left click > up at the top chose Printers > select default in drop down
menu.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you both ever so much. One minor nuisance to its just reward. "If it were to be done, best it were done quickly...," as spoken by the ambitious but ambivalent Scotsman.
Geezer77

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.