Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've tried asking the Microsoft Tech website, but apparently their tech support is experiencing difficulties which i find quite amusing. So I found this site and was hoping someone might be able to help me.

The following update has attempted to install on my computer over the past month and has failed every time:

"Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB973923)"

The error code given is Code 80242007.

This update is preventing my computer from shutting down because every time I go to turn my computer off, it automatically tries to install this update, and it will stay on the update page for hours and hours without making any progress forcing me to power off manually.
Is this update necessary? If not, how do I remove it or if so, how do i fix this problem? any tips would be awesome.

Thanks.

·
Banned
2,092 Posts
Would this possibly apply to you?

"The installer took too long and was terminated" This is the message that it will display. It means that you are updating your computer with a slow/poor internet connection, like mobile, or dial up. My advise is, if you do not have any other internet connection, just go to Microsoft.com, and download manualy any update that uyou might need. Thats the best way...

Here is a discussion of your problem. It will make your head hurt. Seems Microsoft
has made an awful mess.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...move+(KB973923&aq=9&oq=how+to+remove+&aqi=g10

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.