Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all! I am in the process of protecting my computer (just got DSL service:D ). Currently, I have spybot, ad-aware, AVG anti-virus, AVG anti-spyware, and Zone Alarm.

I was thinking about consolidating the programs. Don't really want to go the Mcafee/Symantec route. At a minimum, AVG anti-virus/AVG anti-spyware pay version with Zone alarm. However, I was wondering what what you all thought of the AVG Internet Security (all-in-one) package. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

Golferguy

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
9,126 Posts
I would get a firewall router and place it between the modem and PC (even if you have only one PC). It will stop 90% of nasties. Then go with the AVG all-in-one.

·
Gone but never forgotten
6,781 Posts
frank: How do you put a router "between the modem and the PC?" My modem is installed inside my laptop, which I use like a desktop. I have little sophistcation in details like this. I have a particular interest in your recommendation, since I just suffered a catastrophic invasion of "baddies" and will have to go through a reinstallation to clean out the mess, per advice at a Thread I started in the Security Forum tht is still active.
{redoak}

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.