Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is not a MAJOR problem, but I was just curious;

I have a laptop HP Pavillion dv9310us with Vista Home Premium.
I set the screen saver to 1 min and nothing happens. Is something set to
block my screen saver from happening or is there a special setting with
Vista to unblock my screen saver?

Thank You very much,
Michael

·
Registered
93 Posts
Actually its not that screensaver does not work on Vista, but the operating system is detected there is a activity going on when you using the wireless keyboard and mouse (you are using wireless one too, right :D )

So, the updates that I asked you install just now is the patch to overcome this issue. And thats how it was working now :D

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Actually its not that screensaver does not work on Vista, but the operating system is detected there is a activity going on when you using the wireless keyboard and mouse (you are using wireless one too, right :D )

So, the updates that I asked you install just now is the patch to overcome this issue. And thats how it was working now :D
Wow, thats great to see.

Welcome aboard and I hope to see more from you!

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Powersave mode possibly in the notebook BIOS?

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
2,059 Posts
The HID service is running by default, even if you have no wireless/infrared devices. This makes Vista/Screensaver think that there is still activity.
The fix is good enough, but, if you are a dedicated customiser, you can go into the Services.msc and disable it. The result is the same.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I disabled the HID service and my screen still just goes black instead of going to the screen saver.

loserOlimbs,
How do I check power save mode in the notebooks BIOS?

Michael

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.