Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The splash screen and black screen that lists windows as it's loading are off center to the left. When it gets to the password prompt and beyond, it's centered again. I have to center the screen with a dial under the monitor to be able to see what's loading, etc - then re-adjust for all screens following.

When I bought it used 2 years ago, as my first computer, this didn't happen. I think it began after loading a game. According to Belarc Advisor the monitor is an IBM, "Digital 15in. Color (FR-PCXCV-AC). The comp. is an HP Pent. 133 with 32 memory. Under Device Manager, it says the monitor is working properly, and no drivers are installed or required. Under Display adapters, that says it's working properly too. Under drivers it says I have the latest driver. Should I make an adjustment there? I'm afraid to just do so without some help.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Those bootup screens are at a different resolution than the one you use as your usual desktop.
Try and do quick screen sizing while it's booting using your monitor's controls. During the black screen part you should be able to hit the 'pause' key to stop and give you time to do it. Does your monitor have a 'store settings' button? If not, at least it's just an annoyance that is gone when you're ready tu use your comp.
As for the splash part, you'll probably have to reboot several times using fast fingers on the controls before it's perfect.
hope this helps!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it! :D Tried your suggestion, didn't work in this case. Got a solution from another posting. It listed 2 monitors under Device mgr. I deleted them both, re-booted and comp. found monitor again, reinstalled it for me and all screens match up! :p
My problem wasn't a big deal, but it bugged me. Thanks for your reply!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Great!
Even minor annoyances such as this sometimes start to 'get' to one. But the satisfaction of fixing it and the knowledge gained is priceless....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.