Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I'm new. I hope it's okay if I'm annoying ask a dumb question XD

I have a macbook laptop which I got in July. Some time in September I had it partitioned so I could run my windows stuff on it. Today I turned on windows xp and the screen had reverted itself to 800 x 600 pixals. Everything is huge and blurry. I went to the control pannel/ advanced settings etc. etc. in an attempt to fix it, as I did when the same problem happened to my old desktop computer. Problem is, it seems I only have two choices as to what screen resolution I can have. There's nothing in the middle, and both are too big. It's either 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768, or around that.
I dunno it's just weird because on my old computer which was also windows xp I had a lot of choices as to what size my screen should be.
Thanks.
Annah

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
These settings are based on the video card and video driver that is installed. I would check your video drivers and make sure that you don't have "Standard VGA" installed. If you do, then WinXP detected a problem with your video drivers, and loaded the default drivers as a backup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.