Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Screen goes black for 2+ seconds

775 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
Computer Specs:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Education, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16319 Mb - G.Skill Ares
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760, 4GB
Hard Drives: C(SSD): Total - 113970 MB, Free - 12559 MB; E(HDD): Total - 1907726 MB, Free - 733160 MB; F(HDD): Total - 911469 MB, Free - 910180 MB; G(HDD): Total - 996257 MB, Free - 994161 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., Z97-A-USB31
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Problem:

The computer will go black for 2 or more seconds before starting, resuming, and closing videos from anywhere on my computer, also it will do the same with apps entering or exiting fullscreen mode, and sometimes when opening/closing certain programs(doesn't occur as stably as others -*doesn't occur as much*)

Im going to check and see if it occurs in Linux or another OS, will update with info on that later.

Ive looked online for similar issues, but so far i haven't been able to fix it yet.

Thank You

See less See more
#2 ·
The processor and graphic card in your computer use a combined total of 254 watts of power.
What's the brand name and model number and wattage of the power supply in yours?

I had a problem with the display blacking out for 4 - 5 seconds and then resuming back to normal when I was using a GeForce GT 720 graphic card in Windows 7.
By sticking with an older driver (347.88) instead of using a newer driver, that completely eliminated the problem.
I haven't used that graphic card yet with Windows 10 with a newer driver, so I don't know if it would have the same issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 ·
I have a Lightning 1300W PSU, I bought it from Newegg.
Brand: Rosewell
Watts:1300
Model#:LIGHTNING-1300

what driver should i try going down to?

Update: this morning I woke up and resumed my pc from sleep and when i tried to turn it on it just stayed black until i turned on my secondary monitor and then the secondary turned on then after a few seconds my main one turned on, and ever since then i havent yet seen the issue occur on my PC.

#4 ·
I've never set up and used 2 monitors with a desktop, so I can't address any issues with it.

Because it was released on or about March 2015, driver version 347.88 doesn't appear to be available for Windows 10 64-bit.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.