Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
me again :eek:

my Acer Aspire 5000, died suddenly. Turns on, I can hear it, on button turns green and the lot but the screen is black... black as the night

only once did I get it to light up and it went until Windows XP front page where wertical tear lines showed on theimage..

HELP!!!!

thank you again and again
Rgds

Dd

·
Trusted Advisor
127,182 Posts
Can you see the screen if you shine a light on it? Does external video work?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mmm, my hubby, in a state of rage has sent it to be fixed - I suspect they will allege a new motherboard is necessary - I am sure it was an over heated CPU and an easier way was possible.
Didn´t get to try the light or video. But I think neither worked.

I tried pressing down on the keyboard aove the E,R, T 4, % etc and it would want to tart up but then turn off.
SO, will not know now what it was.

How can I avoid overheating a CPU?

Thanks for thehelp anyway,
regards,

Dd

·
Trusted Advisor
127,182 Posts
If the CPU fan is working properly, just be sure to keep the ventilation pathway clear. Don't let the laptop sit in such a way that the vents are blocked. If you operate in a hot environment, you may want to look into a cooler pad, a device that the laptop sits on, usually with fans of it's own, to help keep it cool.

Good luck! You can let us know what they found wrong.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will do -
although the ventilator was working, but still I noticed was hot anyway.
it sits on a table as this happened before in Dec when we had it cleaned... so it´s guess work at the moment.

will let you know for sure.
thank sfor your time anyway.

rgds

dd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.