Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running Windows 95 as my OS. Ocassionally my PC freezes. Alt, Ctrl, Del will not reboot the system. I usually turn off the system to reboot . During the reboot process (bad shut down) the following message appears. "Windows was not properly shut down. One or more of your disk drives may have errors on it. Press any key to Run ScanDisk on these drives." I then key "enter" to run the (Auto)ScanDisk and I get the following message: "ScanDisk.exe could not be found. You may have probelms on your disk(s) that require repairing. Press any key to continue starting Windows." I key enter and procede into Windows. What I don't understand is
I can still run 'DiskScan" if I go into DOS and key in Scandisk.exe at the prompt and execute it directly from there. But for some reason it will not (Auto)execute any other time under a bootup situation. Can anyone help? Thanks. Gary

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just an added bit of info here.
When asked to press the any key it may be wiser to use the space bar than the Enter key. The reason is when using the Enter key, if your finger lingers too long you may end up with more that one enter command which may cause something to happen two steps away that you may not want to have happen.

There that's about as clear as mud...LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.