1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Gone but never forgotten
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received this PM:

Alert: Your emails are bouncing back
Hello Davec,

We have received too many (11) rejected emails from the email address you provided: ********@******.net

To update your email address, please visit http://forums.techguy.org/profile.php

Please correct the email or contact your ISP to fix it. Too many bounced emails can slow down our server, so we may change your thread subscription levels to be subscribed, but without email notifications.

Please note that this message was generated automatically by a computer.
this PM:

While I have received duplicate notifications for the same thread a lot in the last few days my notifications are set to arrive once a day and this wasn't the time of day for it to happen. Also, I received the e-mil telling about the PM.

I checked the web version of my mailbox and there is nothing in the hold, trash, or pending from TSG. Is something squirrelly at TSG's end?

·
Super Moderator
13,115 Posts
Received this PM:

Alert: Your emails are bouncing back
Hello Davec,

We have received too many (11) rejected emails from the email address you provided: ********@******.net

To update your email address, please visit http://forums.techguy.org/profile.php

Please correct the email or contact your ISP to fix it. Too many bounced emails can slow down our server, so we may change your thread subscription levels to be subscribed, but without email notifications.

Please note that this message was generated automatically by a computer.
this PM:

While I have received duplicate notifications for the same thread a lot in the last few days my notifications are set to arrive once a day and this wasn't the time of day for it to happen. Also, I received the e-mil telling about the PM.

I checked the web version of my mailbox and there is nothing in the hold, trash, or pending from TSG. Is something squirrelly at TSG's end?
I got the same thing. FWIW... my e-mail address is @sbcglobal.net.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Mine was @yahoo.ca.

Did not receive notice for this at either account. Old or new changed to one.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
I got the same PM, 11 bounced to my yahoo.com address. I did get an email notice about the PM though.
Received no notifications between 7:57 AM and 4:27 PM PDT today (Sept. 6) so I'm guessing the 11 that bounced were in that time frame. The notice about the PM came at 5:10 PM

·
Banned
6,271 Posts
I get the same with a valid gmail account. I especially like the part of the PM about "contact your ISP." I'll just call up Google first think in the morning :p I do believe Google to be the most reliable and that the problem must be on the TSG side.

·
Administrator
123,562 Posts
I would think it's probably a glitch related to the outflux of e-mails when server 5 was trying to catch up on notifications. But that's just a guess. If you're still receiving notifications without having taken any action, it has probably just reset itself. :)

·
Banned
6,271 Posts
I would think it's probably a glitch related to the outflux of e-mails when server 5 was trying to catch up on notifications. But that's just a guess. If you're still receiving notifications without having taken any action, it has probably just reset itself. :)
Should we then ignore the automated PM or make changes to our settings?

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Going on 24 hrs since I have received a notification.

·
Banned
6,271 Posts
Yours is showing that it's set to receive instant notifications. Are you in fact receiving them? Did you reset those settings yourself? :)

If you are receiving them then I wouldn't make any changes.
I'm getting maybe half of the notifications. The setting is an annoyance anyway so I have changed it. :)

·
Administrator
15,306 Posts
Sorry, folks -- I was out of town for the weekend. I'm sure Cookiegal is right and this was the result of the Web 5 mail issue last week. Sorry for the inconvenience!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.