Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you transfer Word documents from the hard drive to a floppy disc? Can somebody offer a step by step. I'm having problems. I'm using windows 98 SE.

·
Banned
2,025 Posts
Save the word documents to a folder , rt.click the folder and scroll to option " send to floppy " . You will get an insert disc prompt .....put a floppy in and your off.

What type of problem are you having ?

·
Trusted Advisor
85,516 Posts
Insert a blank, formatted floppy disk, click on and highlight the file, then click File - Send To - Floppy.
(Note: If you want to transfer more than one file from the same folder at the same time, hold down the CTRL key while you click on and highlight each file)

After you finish, double-click My Computer, then double-click the floppy drive icon. A window should open and show the file(s) in there that you transferred.

Remove the floppy disk, then move the write-protection tab so that both square holes are showing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
flavallee said:
Insert a blank, formatted floppy disk, click on and highlight the file, then click File - Send To - Floppy.
(Note: If you want to transfer more than one file from the same folder at the same time, hold down the CTRL key while you click on and highlight each file)

After you finish, double-click My Computer, then double-click the floppy drive icon. A window should open and show the file(s) in there that you transferred.

Remove the floppy disk, then move the write-protection tab so that both square holes are showing.
Thanks everybody. It seems that the problem is that I am not formatting my floppy. Can somebody tell me how to fomat a flopy disc?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Hi Rickyjoe,
Take a look Here it explains how to format Floppy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.