Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry. I seem to use this forum only when I have a problem. I really appreciate the help given out on this thanks. Thanks to everyone who has helped!

Now, onto the problems. It seems that 80% of the time I either try to save or delete a file, the computer reboots. I'm really not sure what the problem could be. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chemmachine

·
Registered
200 Posts
When did it start happening? Did you recently install SP2?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It started slowly. About a month ago I noticed I couldn't delete large amounts of files without it restarting, so I would delete small groups of files. Then I eventually had to delete one file at a time. I'm developing product on this computer, so I find myself trying to work more than fixing whatever is wrong with the computer. About a week ago I tried to save a file and the computer restarted. It was with one specific program, then it started doing it with several programs. It didn't do it all the time, but now it does.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just for the heck of it try this:
1. Start > Run.
2. Type in sfc /scannow.
3. Click ok and run that.

1. Start > Run.
2. Type in CMD.
3. Click ok and in the back command screen type Chkdsk /r or chkdsk /f
4. You will probably have to restart the computer.

If that helps at all.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It could be but most of the time if RAM is damaged, your computer will not boot.

You could try changing the ram, although it could also be a hard drive issue. I am thinking it may be some conflict in windows.

You could try reinstalling your OS...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.