Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to save live video streams to your hard drive. The broadcasts are in both .rm and .asf format.

If this would be illegal, please let me know and I'll not ask anymore...I'm under the impression that it would be legal if the recordings would be only for personal use. (So said the broadcasters site, I assume they were meaning a VCR recording.)

Thanks!

·
Registered
743 Posts
next time you run a streaming.asf - when it finishes, go search your temp internet files for it. (Do a FIND for *.asf refined for just those created in the last day to narrow the field)

Quite often, though you aren't allowed to save some mpegs or jpegs or asfs - they still put the file in your temps so that it will run and you can go the round about way to save it. I have done it before. But I have also tried some streaming data from news providers and not found it.

But, hey, it's worth the try!
:cool:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had success saving streaming .asf files, but not from a "live" stream. I just found a program that will save live streaming .rm videos, though. Seems to work well enough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey folks,

I'm trying to test a rtsp site....(live video stream)....

rtsp://helix.canufly.net/encoder/live.rm

...I can open it up with real player, I can even download with Real7ime Converter....but VCR times out....so does Net Transport....

Real7ime starts capturing, but if u do it for a long time (like 45 minutes or something), when u hit stop the program crashes.

VCR (patched well) is not liking it either...times out...

NetTransport Times out as well...

Any Ideas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.