Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI U all
I have a mobo soyo dragon + with sata.Got a HD sata maxtor 120GB.
I just want to see the drive running! In the BIOS I set the primary boot as
SCSI.( may be a mistake...)Of course my drive is blank,need to be formated, and to install OS.
When I boot I do not see any primary, any slave... nothing.
How can I get this sata to be recognized when I boot???
thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have just got the Abit NF7-S v2.0 board which has SATA, and I run my old 20GB Seagate 5400 on the SATA port with the converter.
I had to install the SATA drivers, and enable the IEEE1394a controller in the BIOS to get it to work. This I found after a bit of trial and error since I am very much a novice....:)
I would suggest you check the settings in your BIOS for SATA and the IEEE1394 controllers to see if they are 'enabled'.
Others may well post with a proper answer........:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well what a coinciidence, I have just built my second PC with A XP 1800 pcu lost between books and empty bottles of wine....that I wanted to resuscitate with a nice mobo albatron KX 600 pro.and by the way don't feel ashamed about your "old seagate 20GB 5400 rpm " cause I use a IBM 14GB 5400 rpm with that XP 1800 and I feel good about it but I still have to fix my sata HD in the first PC.see U later cause I have to work in a few hours
about "If it aint broke, fix it until it is...... " It make me think of my 1987 BMW,I have a great respect for mechanic that last, I am thinking of me....

·
Registered
288 Posts
Cheers lobotech.......:)
The 20GB drive takes a while to dig everything out when I want something, especially as it is near to full, and can't install all my games' cos it doesn't leave much room....:(
This is my upgrade year, and the old XP1800 has got to go along with some other bits.....:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.