Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ,
I have recently swapped out my Gainward nVidia 7900GS 256MB card for the Sapphire ATI HD 3850 512MB.

To be honest that the new card isnt out performing the nVidia 7900GS.
i had installed this HD 3870 and its supposed to be about 2 times better .
i read all the reviews ETC before bying the card and i am not seeing the performance increase at all ..
i play team fortress 2 , and i run the game at 1440x900 with everything on high and without any AA or AF and the bloom set to none .i am getting about 45 FPS on an average-

i had the same settings with the old nVidia card and got around the same FPS with much better quality in colors , there were a few jagged edges but i could live with that .

I have the reccomended PSU to run the new card .
Zalman PowerSupply - 460W ZM460-APS (20dB)
I have Corsair 3GB Ram @ 667Mhz
SoundBlaster AUdigy NX2 External 24Bit sound card
Vista Premium - running fast and clean .
LG Widescreen 19'' 2000:1 contrast @ 5Ms .1440x900 ,32 bit, 60Hz Refresh rate
cooling is ok in my case , but the card may be a bit on the warm side . when at idle it's around 55 c .when gaming i dont know what the temps are since i dont have or cannot find a temp utility to check the temp while playing or just after .
its not over clocked and my machine generally runs fine .

anyone have any tips or suggestions about getting more performance out of this card .
link to the card i have http://www.webhallen.com/prod.php?id=82474

im a bit sad about the purchase of this card since it isnt cheap and i was expecting more .
so far this is the first ATI card i ahve had in severaal years , once i started buying nVidia cards i thought they were a much better investment , but this ATI card was getting reviews to be as good as some of the nVidia cards at a much much lower price , well i guess i payed the price on this 1 , didnt I ..!!!

thanks for the help or replies .
Cheers T

oh yeah i might add all my windows system is up to date as the graphics card as well with all the latest drivers and clean !!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.