Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I foolishly clicked the wrong button on a pup-up ad and found myself attacked by safewebnavigate and then www.pc-antispyware.com. I worked to clean them off and made some headway using McAfee and Spybot. But then I noticed that if I used IE7 or Firefox, I could get anywhere on the web, but NOT www.comcast.net (for my email) NOR www.nfl.com. This was a Monday night (last night), and I needed those football stats! But I also have Netscape, and I COULD get to those two sites (and anywhere else) using Netscape. (strange)

So I decided to remove IE7 and Firefox, knowing I could always use Netscape to download those two browsers later. Then I found your site and read a few threads with same/similar issues. I ran Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware, then ATF Cleaner, then OTScanIt, and finally HiJack This.

After running these three programs, I discovered an apparently un-deleteable version of IE on my PC (which ran "with no add-ons"), and decided to see what the status was on the two sites (www.comcast.net & www.nfl.com). I was pleasantly suprised to find that they both worked! Then I downloaded and re-installed IE7 and Firefox and they both seem to work fine now.

I also ran into a few other issues, such as my clock shifting to a military 24-hour clock, and a "New Hardware Found" but the system couldn't determine what it was. I also had a TeaTimer (Spybot) error on reboot. I fixed these "smaller" issues, and,a s I said, it "looks" like IE7 and Firefox are both now working, but I fear that something may yet be lurking beneath the surface.

Can you please take a look at the following logs and let me know what I must do to really-really make sure everything is safe.

Thank you in advance for your expertise and compassion,
Fred

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.