Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the gentelman Harrison McCain died at age 76. his company McCain Foods Limited was created in 1956 was responsible for making over 1/3 of the worlds french fries.

french fry king

·
Registered
32,916 Posts
yup.............the McCain family and the Irving family..............pretty much sums up the welthiest families on the east coast.........maybe even all of Canada....... but i cant say for sure.....:)

·
Registered
51,023 Posts
Originally posted by moonmist:
yup.............the McCain family and the Irving family..............pretty much sums up the welthiest families on the east coast.........maybe even all of Canada....... but i cant say for sure.....:)
If they live in Canada, then your governments got the vast majority of their money! ;)

·
Registered
32,916 Posts
Originally posted by Mulder:
If they live in Canada, then your governments got the vast majority of their money! ;)
Yup..........just goes to show you how wealthy they really are!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Is McCain the McDonalds of Canada? Or was he just a french fry vendor? Rockn, I have my french fry lifted high, are you going to say the toast? Would you say a toast or a french fry?

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
26,895 Posts
Is McCain the McDonalds of Canada? Or was he just a french fry vendor?
McCain's started out by selling frozen fries, but have expanding into just about frozen anything-to-eat: cakes, pizzas, etc.

Some years ago the McCain brothers had a falling out. One of them left (or was pushed out), moved to Toronto and effectively took over and ran Maple Leaf foods, one of Canada's largest meat product distributors.
If they live in Canada, then your governments got the vast majority of their money!
Not quite. Any Canadian businessman worth his salt has all his money tied up in offshore banks. The Cayamn Islands is one prime "investment" site. Loopholes allow the very rich here to pay just about zero in taxes. Any Canadian businessman with brains will hold a red tape company or two as tax write-offs. I bet Cloe pays more taxes annually than Mr McClain did.

BTW: I am not bashing Capitalism; just stating known fact.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.