Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to run a program that requires visual basic 6. I downloaded vb 6 sp 5 as the program suggested but everytime i try to start the program i get a run-time error 13...file mismatch error. I have redownloaded both programs and still no difference. What I don't understand is that it worked fine before my reformat of my hard drive. Also while installing this program it said i moved the program from its original place...which i didnt i was just installing it....Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this problem?? I also tried on my ME os and still the same errors.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jtoast,

Thank you for replying to me and trying to help me out..
but LOL....I really don't know if it applies...I dont understand it...lol...but from what I read...I am running explorer 6.0 not 5.0 so...I dont know what to do.
This program worked before with no problems...ever since I had to reformat..the whole puter is crazy...I am really at a loss what to do about it...I wrote the person that wrote this peticular program and he said that error is always because vb 6 isnt installed...but I installed it and reinstalled it...I cannot find it however by doing a search...but maybe it doesnt show up in searches...I thought before it did..but not sure.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
ah ok...so its the VB6 Runtimes you need....

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];vbruntime&]

Didn't read your post as thoroughly as I should have (at work, my appologies).

I would

1) uninstall the program.

2) install the runtimes

3) reinstall the program

test.

EDIT:

you will have to cut/paste the link......had to disable urls to make the whole thing show up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well thank you again Jtoast...I really appreciate all you are trying to do...I tried uninstalling the program and installing vb 6 then installing the program again...same problem. I am really confused as to why when it is finishing installing the program it says that I have moved the program since the last time and has to update the registry. I havent even opened the program at this point and done nothing. Then I get the runtime error mismatch type.... Sooo...I dont know what else to do...Any other thoughts???? Also I am closing out all running programs before doing any of this....Thanks for everything

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.