Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's not as easy as it should be............

Environment:

Server - Win 2000 SP4
Client - Win XP Pro SP2

Currently I have local profiles logging into a domain. I want to create Roaming Profiles so that all user information, OE data, etc, will be copied to the server upon logoff.

I've already successfully setup 2 users on another client machine. However on the next client PC, the "roaming profile" box is greyed out.

Within AD, I've added \\SERVER\Profiles\Trevor **("SERVER" is the actual name of our server, Trevor is the user, and Profiles is the shared directory on server with permissions set to everybody)

Still no luck. Agin, I'm doing this the same as the other user on the other machine. Many other sites talk about editing all kinds of reg settings and what not, and I just can't believe that is what MS intended. There has to be an actual "why" behind my issue.

If anyone could help me find that "why" that would be DOPE..!!

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link... The data on there is great, and well posted.....

I just solved the issue, and I feel rather stupid. I read some where that "when you log back on" after adding the profile path in AD, the profile will become a roaming profile. Well it should have said "restart" and log back on, cause that's all it took, a simple restart. Hahaha

Thanks for your help though,

Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.