Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The Boss (notice the capital letters) has a laptop that he wants patched into the SBS2003R2 server.

I have roaming profiles enabled so that people can hotdesk if they need.

His laptop is full of non-standard applications and settings, so if I just connect it up, it will pull down his roaming profile and mess everything up.

How can I make his laptop (which is registered as a computer on the AD) exempt from the roaming profile? Or is there another workaround?

· Registered
2,073 Posts
drewgraham said:
Hi,

The Boss (notice the capital letters) has a laptop that he wants patched into the SBS2003R2 server.

I have roaming profiles enabled so that people can hotdesk if they need.

His laptop is full of non-standard applications and settings, so if I just connect it up, it will pull down his roaming profile and mess everything up.

How can I make his laptop (which is registered as a computer on the AD) exempt from the roaming profile? Or is there another workaround?
Well for one thing, you can remove his Roaming Profile path from his Active Directory account. If you don't want to do that, you can always select his profile on his laptop and change it to local.

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
skinnywhiteboy said:
Well for one thing, you can remove his Roaming Profile path from his Active Directory account. If you don't want to do that, you can always select his profile on his laptop and change it to local.
Ah, but I want his profile to follow him is he has to sit at another desktop, just not to follow him to his laptop. Ideally, anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.