Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within the last week I've had trouble shutting down my computer. I've never had a lick of trouble with my PC before. Every single time I shut down I get this message.

WIN95 RPC Wmsg Window

This program is not responding. It may be busy, waiting for a response from you, or it may have stopped running.
- Click cancel to ignore and return to windows
- To close this program immediately, click End Task
- To give the program 20 seconds to finish what it is doing click wait, and then try to close the program again.

The only change I have made on my computer is I recently downloaded the music software search engine Kazaa. I thought that could be causing the problem...but I still get the message even when I don't run the Kazaa program. HELP!

·
Registered
10,392 Posts

·
Registered
10,392 Posts
Hi Lane,

Opinions differ on this.

Some people think it may have to do with removal of spyware like WebHancer, New.Net, and the like, others are pointing to MSN Messenger.

But it's certainly odd, that up to a couple of months ago I'd never encountered this error, while lately this has been occurring a couple of times daily.

Well, at least we know how to fix it... :)

Cheers,

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tony...does this help?

Problem shutting down Win 98
Within the last week I've had trouble shutting down my computer. I've never had a lick of trouble with my PC before. Every single time I shut down I get this message.

WIN95 RPC Wmsg Window

This program is not responding. It may be busy, waiting for a response from you, or it may have stopped running.
- Click cancel to ignore and return to windows
- To close this program immediately, click End Task
- To give the program 20 seconds to finish what it is doing click wait, and then try to close the program again.

The only change I have made on my computer is I recently downloaded the music software search engine Kazaa. I thought that could be causing the problem...but I still get the message even when I don't run the Kazaa program. HELP!

Lane

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Roger,
No the problem was temporarily fixed. It corrected the situation for about 3 start-ups and shutdowns. I do have MSN instant messenger. Do you think that could be the culprit?

Lane

·
Super Moderator
37,537 Posts
Hiya

You say you have Kazaa? That is a major piece of Spyware. You may want to download AddAware www.lavasoftusa.com
Install and run it, ensuring that Deep Registry Scan is enabled. Remove all except any references to Web3000 or new.net. If you're unsure, copy/paste the list here. You may want to uninstall Kazaa first.

An alternative is Morpheous, no spyware and more or less the same:

http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-1896420-108-76172.html?bt.48575.185

Regards

eddie

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the information Eddie! So you think it's Kazaa that's giving me headaches? If I download that file you mentioned...what's the Deep Registry Scan you talked about?

Thanks,
Lane

·
Super Moderator
37,537 Posts
It could be. They (spyware) cause problems with freezing etc.

The Deep Registry scan is on the left when you start the program. You may also want to download Refupdate. Same page as AddAware, so that you can get the latest reference file.

eddie

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
It definitely seems related to the instant messaging programs. AOL or MSN at least.

The DCOM install doesn't seem to be working for Win98 users.

One person has reported solving his problem with it by drastically reducing the number of programs loading through msconfig > startup. Be advised if you run msconfig and use it to disable startup programs, you will want to leave scanregistry (which checks and backs up the registry every first boot of the day) and naturally your antivirus at the very least. There are many here who can help you with that if you list what is loading at startup.

You can do this by running msinfo32. When it opens click on "software environment" and "startup programs". Click Edit>select all>edit> copy. Then you can paste it into a reply.

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/Forum2/HTML/053819.html

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok so I uninstalled KaZaA and I'm still getting the same program not responding message. Since KaZaA was spyware should I download the Ad-A-ware and clean my HD?

·
Registered
10,392 Posts
Absolutely! It is thought that spyware may cause this 'syndrome'.

Do this first:

Go to Start/run, and type Msinfo32, followed by OK.
Go to Software Environment/Startup Programs.
Now click Edit/'Select all', and then 'copy'
Paste the contents in your post.

It is important to see what you have running.

After that we'll tell you the best way to go about removing the stuff.

Good luck,

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok I can't seem to select all when I click on the Software environment tab. Do I need to individually click on the driver, 16-bit modules loaded, 32-bit modules loaded, running tasks, startup programs, & system hooks, and then copy and paste those individually?

I'll do this in a bit....I have to head out for a few.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok here's the start-up files.

VMM Microsoft Corporation Virtual Machine Manager C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
MTRR Microsoft Corporation ? C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.0 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
VCACHE Microsoft Corporation Cache manager C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
DFS 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation DFS Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\dfs.vxd Registry 4.0 Static Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
PERF Microsoft Corporation System Monitor data collection driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
VPOWERD 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation VPOWERD Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VPOWERD.VXD Plug and Play 4.1 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
VPICD Microsoft Corporation Hardware interrupt manager C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
VrtwD 1.1.075.2 Intel Corporation Real-Time Clock VxD c:\windows\SYSTEM\vrtwd.386 Registry 4.1 Static IA-SPOX
VTD Microsoft Corporation Timer device driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
VWIN32 Microsoft Corporation Win32 subsystem driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
VXDLDR Microsoft Corporation Dynamic device driver loader C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
NTKERN Microsoft Corporation Windows Driver Model C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
CONFIGMG Microsoft Corporation Configuration manager C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
ASPIENUM 4.57 (1014) Adaptec Adaptec ASPI Real Mode Driver Enumerator C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ASPIENUM.VXD Registry 4.0 Static Adaptec's ASPI Layer
PCI 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation PCI Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\pci.vxd Plug and Play 4.1 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
ISAPNP 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation ISAPNP Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\isapnp.vxd Plug and Play 4.1 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
BIOS 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation BIOS Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\bios.vxd Plug and Play 4.1 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
VCDFSD Microsoft Corporation CD-ROM filesystem driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
MRCI2 <unknown> 4.1 Dynamic
IOS Microsoft Corporation I/O Supervisor C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.0 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
PAGEFILE Microsoft Corporation Swapfile driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD system.ini 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
PAGESWAP Microsoft Corporation Swapfile manager C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
PARITY Microsoft Corporation Memory parity driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
REBOOT Microsoft Corporation Ctrl+Alt+Del manager C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
EBIOS Microsoft Corporation Extended BIOS driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD system.ini 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
VDD Microsoft Corporation Display driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD system.ini 4.0 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
NVMINI 4.11.01.0118 NVidia Corporation RIVA TNT Resource Manager, Version 1.18 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\nvmini.vxd Plug and Play 4.0 Dynamic NVidia Windows 95 drivers
VSD Microsoft Corporation Speaker driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
HPZIOL00 Microsoft Corporation ? C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.0 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
HPZION00 <unknown> 4.0 Dynamic
HPZIOP00 <unknown> 4.0 Dynamic
WINMODEM 1.00.016 U.S. Robotics, Inc. Modem driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\winmodem.vxd Plug and Play 4.0 Dynamic U.S. Robotics 56K Voice Win
TURBOVBF 2.6.6 (3COM / US Robotics) Pacific CommWare, Inc. TURBOVBF: DOS Vcomm Client C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\turbovbf.vxd Registry 4.0 Static TurboCom ViP for Win 95/98, USA Patent #5,812,820
COMBUFF Microsoft Corporation Communications buffer driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD system.ini 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
VCD Microsoft Corporation Communications port driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Plug and Play 4.0 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
VMOUSE Microsoft Corporation Mouse driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD system.ini 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
MSMINI 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation MSMINI Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\msmouse.vxd system.ini 4.1 Static Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
ENABLE Microsoft Corporation Accessibility driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD system.ini 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
VKD Microsoft Corporation Keyboard driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD system.ini 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
VPD Microsoft Corporation Printer driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD system.ini 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
INT13 Microsoft Corporation BIOS hard disk emulation driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD system.ini 4.0 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
VMCPD Microsoft Corporation Math coprocessor driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.0 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
BIOSXLAT Microsoft Corporation BIOS emulation driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
VNETBIOS 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation VNETBIOS Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\vnetbios.vxd Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
NDIS 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation NDIS Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ndis.vxd Registry 4.0 Static Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
PPPMAC 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation Windows Virtual PPP Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\pppmac.vxd Plug and Play 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
VTDI 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation Windows TDI Support Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\vtdi.386 Plug and Play 3.1 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
WSOCK2 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation Windows Sockets Driver 2 TCP/IP only. C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WSOCK2.vxd <unknown> 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
VIP 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation Windows IP Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\vip.386 Plug and Play 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
MSTCP 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation Windows TCP Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\vtcp.386 Plug and Play 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
VDHCP 4.10.1726 Microsoft Corporation DHCP VxD Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\vdhcp.386 Plug and Play 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
VNBT 4.10.1719 Microsoft Corporation VNBT VxD Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\vnbt.386 Plug and Play 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
AFVXD 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation Windows Sockets VTDI Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\AFVXD.vxd <unknown> 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
DOSMGR Microsoft Corporation MS-DOS emulation manager C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
VMPOLL Microsoft Corporation System idle-time driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
_VTELSM Version 1.00 Company Name VxD File Description C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\_vtelsm.vxd Registry 4.0 Static Product Name
VFIXD Version 1.00 Company Name VxD File Description c:\windows\SYSTEM\vfixd.vxd Registry 4.0 Static Product Name
JAVASUP 4.79.2435 Microsoft Corporation Microsoft® Virtual Machine Helper Device for Java C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\JAVASUP.VXD Registry 4.0 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
VCOMM Microsoft Corporation Communications port Plug and Play driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
VCOND Microsoft Corporation Console subsystem driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
VTDAPI Microsoft Corporation Multimedia timer driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
PORTSHAR 1.10 Cypress Research Corp. Port Sharing VxD c:\MEGAPHON\MegaPhon\PortShar.vxd Registry 4.0 Static Megaphone for Windows
TELA-LIT 96.08.08.00 Intel Corporation TNC-Lite Port Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\tela-lit.vxd Registry 4.0 Static TNC-Lite
VFLATD Microsoft Corporation Linear aperture video driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD system.ini 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
mmdevldr 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation mmdevldr Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmdevldr.vxd Plug and Play 4.1 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
WMLDR C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\wmldr.vxd Plug and Play 4.0 Dynamic
SERWAVE 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation Serwave Virtual Device C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\serwave.vxd Plug and Play 4.1 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
APIX 4.57 (1014) Adaptec Adaptec APIX Virtual Device C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\APIX.VXD I/O subsystem 4.0 Dynamic Adaptec's ASPI Layer
CDTSD 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation CDTSD Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\CDTSD.VXD I/O subsystem 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
CDVSD 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation CDVSD Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\CDVSD.VXD I/O subsystem 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
DiskTSD 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation DiskTSD Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\DISKTSD.VXD I/O subsystem 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
DiskVSD 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation DiskVSD Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\DISKVSD.VXD I/O subsystem 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
scsi1hlp 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation scsi1hlp Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\SCSI1HLP.VXD I/O subsystem 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
voltrack 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation voltrack Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\VOLTRACK.VXD I/O subsystem 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
DRVSPACX 4.70.1998 Microsoft Corporation DRVSPACX Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\DRVSPACX.VXD I/O subsystem 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
ENSQIO 4.05.1122 Creative Technology Ltd. ENSQIO VxD C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\ENSQIO.VXD I/O subsystem 4.0 Dynamic AudioPCI
SMARTVSD <unknown> 4.0 Dynamic
CDR4VSD 2.3 (049) Adaptec CD-R Helper VSD for Windows 95 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\cdr4vsd.vxd I/O subsystem 4.0 Dynamic Adaptec's CD-R Helper Drivers
CDRPWD 2.5c (236) Adaptec CD-R Packet Writing Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\cdrpwd.vxd I/O subsystem 4.0 Dynamic DirectCD
BIGMEM 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation BIGMEM Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\BIGMEM.DRV I/O subsystem 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
SPAP 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation SPAP Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPAP.vxd <unknown> 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
AOLMAC Version 1.27 America Online AOL Network Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\aolmac.vxd Plug and Play 4.0 Dynamic America Online
SCSIPORT 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation SCSIPORT Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\SCSIPORT.PDR I/O subsystem 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
ESDI_506 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation ESDI_506 Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\ESDI_506.PDR I/O subsystem 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
NVCORE 4.11.01.0118 NVidia Corporation RIVA TNT Resource Manager, Version 1.18 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\NVCORE.vxd <unknown> 4.0 Dynamic NVidia Windows 95 drivers
Display1 <unknown> 4.0 Static
SERENUM 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation SERENUM Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\serenum.vxd Plug and Play 4.1 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
LPTENUM 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation LPTENUM Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\lptenum.vxd Plug and Play 4.1 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
es1371 4.05.1135 B Creative Technology Ltd. ES1371 Virtual Device C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\es1371.vxd Plug and Play 4.0 Dynamic Creative ES1371 VxD
DSOUND 4.05.01.1998 Microsoft Corporation DirectSound Virtual Device C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DSOUND.vxd <unknown> 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft® DirectX for Windows® 98
vjoyd 4.05.01.1998 Microsoft Corporation Joystick Virtual Device C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\vjoyd.vxd Plug and Play 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft® DirectX for Windows® 98
sage 4.71.1016 Microsoft Corporation sage Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\sage.vxd <unknown> 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
MCKRNL C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MCKRNL.vxd <unknown> 4.0 Dynamic
MCUTIL C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MCUTIL.vxd <unknown> 4.0 Dynamic
MCSCAN32 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MCSCAN32.vxd <unknown> 4.0 Dynamic
WSHTCP 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation Windows Sockets TCP helper Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\wshtcp.vxd Registry 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
CMKERNEL <unknown> 4.0 Dynamic
VRTFIXD <unknown> 4.0 Dynamic
DRVWCDB 3.10.36a Seagate Software, Inc. Device Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\DRVWCDB.VXD I/O subsystem 3.1 Dynamic
DRVWPPQT 3.10.36a Seagate Software, Inc. Device Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\DRVWPPQT.VXD I/O subsystem 3.1 Dynamic
DRVWQ117 3.10.36a Seagate Software, Inc. Device Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\DRVWQ117.VXD I/O subsystem 3.1 Dynamic
VDMAD Microsoft Corporation Direct Memory Access controller driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
V86MMGR Microsoft Corporation MS-DOS memory manager C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
VSHINIT C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VSHINIT.VXD Registry 4.0 Static
VSHIELD C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VSHIELD.vxd <unknown> 4.0 Dynamic
SPOOLER Microsoft Corporation Print spooler C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
UDF Microsoft Corporation ? C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
VFAT Microsoft Corporation FAT filesystem driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
VDEF Microsoft Corporation Default filesystem driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
CDFS 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation CDFS Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\CDFS.VXD I/O subsystem 4.1 Dynamic Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
CDUDF 2.5c (236) Adaptec CD-UDF File System Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\cdudf.vxd I/O subsystem 4.0 Dynamic DirectCD
CDUDFRW 2.5c (236) Adaptec CD-UDF RW File System Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\cdudfrw.vxd I/O subsystem 4.0 Dynamic DirectCD
UDFREADR 1.01 (101) Adaptec CD-UDF Read-Only File System Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\udfreadr.vxd I/O subsystem 4.0 Dynamic UDF Reader Driver
IFSMGR Microsoft Corporation File system manager C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.0 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
CYBERKRN Version 1.00 CyberMedia Inc CyberMedia Kernel VxD C:\PROGRA~1\CYBERM~1\CYBERKRN.VXD Registry 4.0 Static CyberMedia Products
VNETSUP 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation VNETSUP Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\vnetsup.vxd Registry 4.0 Static Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
CMAPIENG 4.0.0.952 CyberMedia Inc Win32 API Engine C:\PROGRA~1\CYBERM~1\CMAPIENG.VXD Registry 4.0 Static CyberMedia Library
VREDIR 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation VREDIR Virtual Device (Version 4.0) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\vredir.vxd Registry 4.0 Static Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
VFBACKUP Microsoft Corporation Floppy backup helper driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.0 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
SHELL Microsoft Corporation Shell device driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD Registry 4.1 Static Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
msisys 4.03 Microsoft Corporation System Information for Windows 95 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\msisys.vxd <unknown> 4.0 Dynamic Microsoft® Windows® Product Support Tools
ultra66 1.42 (Build 0218) Promise Technology, Inc. Promise Ultra66 Miniport Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\ULTRA66.MPD I/O subsystem NT driver Promise Ultra66 Miniport Driver for Windows95-98
wmidrv <unknown> NT driver
usbintel <unknown> NT driver
USBCAMD <unknown> NT driver
STREAM <unknown> NT driver
pmxscan <unknown> NT driver
usbhub <unknown> NT driver
uhcd <unknown> NT driver
USBD <unknown> NT driver
PCIMP <unknown> NT driver
hidvkd <unknown> NT driver
swenum <unknown> NT driver
wdmfs <unknown> NT driver
kstest <unknown> NT driver
ksagent <unknown> NT driver
ksxform <unknown> NT driver
g723core <unknown> NT driver
ks <unknown> NT driver
vpsysmgr <unknown> NT driver
DSVDMDM <unknown> NT driver
V42MGR <unknown> NT driver
T120ENG <unknown> NT driver
LAPMENG <unknown> NT driver
MALRDR <unknown> NT driver
H324MDM <unknown> NT driver
AUDIO324 <unknown> NT driver
VIDEO324 <unknown> NT driver
ircbrdg <unknown> NT driver
H324 <unknown> NT driver
h245 <unknown> NT driver
h245SRP <unknown> NT driver
soeddefa <unknown> NT driver
MALSHELL <unknown> NT driver
H223 <unknown> NT driver
SMARTACE <unknown> NT driver
COMMGR <unknown> NT driver
SRP <unknown> NT driver
MODEMMD <unknown> NT driver
OILWDM <unknown> NT driver
ksialcom <unknown> NT driver
aeccore <unknown> NT driver

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I feel like a fool lol ok let's try this again...

DaySavor Startup Group C:\daysavor\DAYSAV.EXE
Windows Guardian Startup Group "C:\Program Files\the HelpSpot!\Fawgrd32.exe" /STARTUP
Microsoft Greetings Reminders Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Home Publishing\MHPRMIND.EXE"
Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders Startup Group "C:\Program Files\MSWorks\Calendar\WKCALREM.EXE"
EPSON Background Monitor Startup Group C:\ESM2\Stms.exe
MemTurbo Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Silicon Prairie Software\MemTurbo\MemTurbo.exe" /starthidden
CompuServe 2000 Tray Icon Startup Group "C:\CompuServe 2000\cstray.exe" -check
run Win.ini hpfsched
Taskbar Display Controls Registry (Per-User Run) RunDLL deskcp16.dll,QUICKRES_RUNDLLENTRY
Reminder Registry (Per-User Run) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\reminder.exe
ICQ Plus Registry (Per-User Run) C:\PROGRA~1\ICQPLUS\vplus.exe
MSMSGS Registry (Per-User Run) C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe /background
ScanRegistry Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
TaskMonitor Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\taskmon.exe
SystemTray Registry (Machine Run) SysTray.Exe
LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Run) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
EnsoniqMixer Registry (Machine Run) starter.exe
Multi-function Keyboard Registry (Machine Run) GWHotKey.exe
AvconsoleEXE Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Network Associates\McAfee VirusScan\avconsol.exe /minimize
McAfeeWebScanX Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETWORK ASSOCIATES\MCAFEE VIRUSSCAN\WebScanX.exe
Vshwin32EXE Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETWORK ASSOCIATES\MCAFEE VIRUSSCAN\VSHWIN32.EXE
VsStatEXE Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Network Associates\McAfee VirusScan\VSSTAT.EXE
Adaptec DirectCD Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\DIRECTCD\DIRECTCD.EXE
AtiCwd32 Registry (Machine Run) Aticwd32.exe
AtiQiPcl Registry (Machine Run) AtiQiPcl.exe
StillImageMonitor Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
PP7600usb Registry (Machine Run) C:\PAPRPORT\FBDirect.exe
New.net Startup Registry (Machine Run) rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\NEWDOT~1.DLL,NewDotNetStartup
SaveNow Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\SaveNow\SaveNow.exe
webHancer Agent Registry (Machine Run) "C:\Program Files\webHancer\Programs\whAgent.exe"
LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Service) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
SchedulingAgent Registry (Machine Service) c:\windows\SYSTEM\mstask.exe
winmodem Registry (Machine Service) WINMODEM.101\wmexe.exe
Vshwin32EXE Registry (Machine Service) C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETWORK ASSOCIATES\MCAFEE VIRUSSCAN\VSHWIN32.EXE

·
Registered
10,392 Posts
OK Ginnis,

Lots of spyware and other unneccesary stuff.

Go to Start/run, and type msconfig.

On the Startup tab, uncheck EVERYTHING, EXCEPT for the following items:

Scan Registry, System Tray, LoadPowerProfile (2x), Multi-function Keyboard, McAfeeWebScanX, Vshwin.exe, Vsstat.exe, Adaptec DirectCD, StillImageMonitor, Scheduling Agent, and WinModem.
ICQ and Msmsg are optional.

Uncheck the rest.

Click OK, close Msconfig, and reboot (important!)

Now go to Software add/remove and remove New(dot)net application and Webhancer Agent.

Reboot AGAIN.

Download and install Ad-Aware . This is a program which scans your system for spyware.
After having downloaded AAW, also download the latest Signature file (Reflist.sig) : http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ls/reflist.zip

Unpack it to the Lavasoft Ad-Aware folder in Program Files, and have it overwrite the one that's there.

Then have your drives and registry scanned for spyware, check all found files and reg keys, click continue, and have them removed.
Reboot one last time.

You'll be amazed about how much better your system will run.

Good luck,

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.