Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Windows ME, and when I click on 'start', 'run', and type in msconfig so I can fix some settings (specifically programs that open at startup), no msconfig window pops up. I can see the program is running by checking under 'ctrl+alt+dlt' but I have no window. When I type in something else like 'explorer' there it opens that window. Is there a way to fix this or another way to get into msconfig? thanks!!

· Registered
188 Posts
Hi stingraysp22,

I am running Win95a but maybe this will help. Go to Start>Find>Files or Folders> and type in "msconfig.exe" (without the quotes). See if this helps.

Regards,

2harts4ever

· Registered
6 Posts
I am running Windows ME. I also have the same problem with the MSCONFIG window. It comes up for 1 second then disappears. I tried find>msconfig.exe also. I've also just tried 'REGEDIT' and got the same result. any suggestions?

Thanks.

· Registered
46,025 Posts
The problem is often viral caused. Unzip HijackThis to a permanent folder, run it and select Scan. Save the Scanlog and copy/paste the results here.

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

Buc47, since you are not the thread starter here, please start a separate thread for your problem and do the same.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually figured out the problem myself...it was from a website (buddypic.com) that was feeding viruses into my computer. After I deleted the viruses and stopped going to the website, I was able to run msconfig again and got my settings fixed. Thanks for the help though guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.