Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My Windows Help file has disappeared. Went to look for it under Start and got this message. Any help would be most appreciated as I am unable to look up any topic.

Thank you,
Penny.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello again,

I tried that, but Windows wants a Win2K CD. I don't have this, but I believe my cab files are on my hard disk somewhere. I don't know how to access them for this purpose.

Penny

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks rollin rog,

Will try what you suggest Will need more precise instructions to use the recovery console. I will come back if I cannot manage.

Penny.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello,

I have more problems, I am afraid.

1. Am informed that WINNT\system32\dllcache folder is not a valid Windows folder

2. My "Windows Explorer" is non-existent.

Would you be able to give me step by step instructions to use the Recovery Console.

Thank you,

Penny.

·
Registered
10,392 Posts
Originally posted by Tuppence2:
1. Am informed that WINNT\system32\dllcache folder is not a valid Windows folder

But who's telling you that? Do a Find Files for a dllcache folder. I'm sure you must have one.

2. My "Windows Explorer" is non-existent.
Again, please explain. What is is you can't do?

Would you be able to give me step by step instructions to use the Recovery Console?
As I'm not running Windows 2000 myself, I can at least start with pointing you to some MS articles.
But you need to pinpoint the location of your hh.exe file first, or we won't know where to restore it from.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello,

I am trying to following the following instructions:
................................................................................................................
You ought to have a fresh copy in your WINNT\system32\dllcache folder.

Copy that one to your Winnt directory.

You may need to boot into Recovery Console in order to do that.
......................................................................................................................

These are the search results - I am sorry but I am not compentent enough to know which one I need to copy from.

Penny

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tony, I can now see the dllcache. Would you please give me step-by-step instructions as to what to do next. Thank you.

Penny

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.