Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using a photographic program "Shutterfly". Lately when I click on the desktop shortcut I get an error message which reads"The QT.dll file cannot be located."
Going to Search it tells me that it is in another file. However, when I go to that file I don't find it there. What gives? Chuck Wilmot

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
Chuck
I am not familiar with the program shutterfly but when you do the search on the QT.dll are there multiple locations listed for it. What may have happened is the pointers for the file are corrupt.
Does shutterfly have a program folder for it and is the file listed in there or is that where it points to. If no file can be found you may have to uninstall and reinstall shutterfly in order to recreate the QT.dll file.
Dave

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave, Thanks for the prompt response. I think that is exactly what I should do: uninstall and reinstall Shutterfly. That's the route I'm going to take. Thanks, again. Chuck

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Davey, I'm sorry, I mislead you. No, the reinstallation of CallWave and the reinstallation of Shutterfly resolved their respective problems but were totally independent of each other. Chuck

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
Chuck
Thanks for the clarification. Although some programs you would think are totally unrelated to eachother can cause conflicts with eachother. I recently had one that caused spool32 errors in <unknown> when I opened MS PhotoDraw 2000 and it ended up being a small program Simply Transparent (which removes the background color of desktop Icon writing) that conflicted on startup with spool32.
Anyway Glad you got it fixed!
Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.