Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:
I used to have the logitech USB mouse running however recently I had to reinstall the operating system. Files such as 'Lmouse.vxd' and 'logi_mwx.exe' are not being found. I went online and found the 'LMouse' one but cant find the next one and who knows how many after that. I installed win 95 with win98se upgrade, and those files arent present. I have downloaded the driver upgrade, it didnt help. I do have a mouse conflict however, When I first installed it last time both mice still worked until I resolved the conflict. I dont know what to do now.
You would understand, my frusterated is because the port for my old mouse is not functioning properly and to try moving the pointer across a page can take anywhere from 10 second to a minute as it keeps freezing .I dont have that problem with the USB. so instead of working out the port problem, I bought the USB mouse.

· Registered
9,520 Posts
you will need to uninstall the mouse and install the drivers first....then reboot and let windoze find the mouse.
it should do the trick;)

· Registered
1,748 Posts
That mouse should work without any extra software. It sounds like you got a bad install of part of the OS. I just installed w2k on my new machine yesterday and the Logitec optical mouse works fine without special software.

· Registered
1,748 Posts
greymatter, those look like Logitec drivers. I don't have them on my machine either. Do a search for "mouse" on your C: drive and see if anything turns up. You're probably going to have to try a reinstall of 98 over itself to see if that'll clear things up.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:D Thank you all for your help. I had to reinstall the OS.
The drivers werent comming up on a Rom search so I asumed they didnt exist. but its all good now!
Now I just have to figure out how to get this post off. hehe!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.