Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought Norton Anti-Virus But it won't let me install untill the virus is gone. The Virus name is W32.weird. I already tried House call but It never removed any thing It said It was clean but in truth it was still there. How can I get rid of the virus with out Formatting? Please HELP!!!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
My advice is go to housecalls & run the free online virus scanner.
Click here to do so!

and to protect yourself from hackers etc... Get Zone Alarm
Click here the free version is fine

then there is spyware ... go get Ad-Aware
Click here to download it

this should get you in shape

Savvy :)

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Because it downloads an update to your system if housecalls said it was clean it most likely was clean of virus and worms... but not spyware...try running after downloading Ad-Aware. This will find the spyware ... some of which is as bad as a trojan.

Savvy :)

[edit] I am sorry.... I missed where you identified the w32. ... when did you run housecall?? What date was it?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
which said infected & with what?

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
We have had some prior successes with InoculateIT in cleaning and restoring literally hundreds of Weird infected files.

You cannot register this, so skip that phase of the install if you use it. It can be updated though through Tools>autodownload, or the "latest exe"

http://cws.internet.com/vdef-inoculate.html

You won't need to update it to clean Weird.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.