Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My second computer is a HP Pentium 100 running windows 95. The enter and backspace keys would not work in word processing programs. I tried a newer Compact keyboard from my other computer and the enter and backspace keys worked, but the computer slowed to a crawl. When booting up I now get an error message, a required .DLL file; C:windows\system\MSVRT.DLL was not found, plus a second message, cannot find C;\america online 4.0\aoltray.exe. I just plugged in a spare Dell Quiet KEY keyboard a friend gave to me and have the same messages at boot up.

The HP came with a First Aid Recovery CD that contains a backup copy of all original installed software instead of a separate Windows 95 CD

Did I create a conflict and/or what do I need to do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply.

I tried searching for msvcrt.dll but could not find it. There was a box to check for sub folders but not for subdirectories.

Ran a scan disk which deleted a long file name no longer assiciated with a file and this seemed to fix the problem.

I appreciate that you replied to my problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.