Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I try to run a game that automatically switches my screen resolution to 640 by 480 and over 16 colors, by screen turns off like there is no signal. I have an Nvida GeForce 2 mx 400 with the newest drivers available installed and a proview 986 n 19" monitor with the newest drivers available installed for it, It is doing this in Windows 98, but I have XP installed using a dual boot and the games work in it. Any Idea's guys?

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I've tried about 8 versions on the drivers from the newest to the oldest, and 6 in between with no sucess, I also changed my monitor from the driver to a generic 19" monitor with no luck. Any other idea's? I also did hook up an old 15" monitor and tried to play the same games that wouldn't work on my 19" on the 15" they worked just fine. Any idea's would be greatly apperciated.

·
Registered
12,105 Posts
Really weird, one thing I can think of you can try. Go to start/settings/control panel/display/settings/advanced, adapter tab, if it's set to optimal in the box in the middle of the dialogue box, try adapter default.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.