Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hopefully fixing a virus problem with Norton, I'm still left with one file in my Command folder named "DriveGcr.exe" that seems to have a problem. Everytime I boot a dialog box appears on the desktop headed "Long filename Backup" and the text is "Bad Command Line Format" When I click ok the box disappears and everything seems to work fine but I'm not sure if that file should exist in my command folder. The icon is the same as Sulfnbk.exe

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
Was this the magistr virus by any chance? It likes to place things in startup that don't belong there. They may be "cleaned" windows files that the antivirus programs don't know shouldn't be there.

In any case go to the Reticulated Toys site below, download, unzip and run the Startuplog.zip file. It will place the file Startuplog.txt on your desktop, copy and paste the full contents of that in your next reply. We don't need stubbpaths.txt.

If you need an unzipped version, use the Only IE link at the bottom of the page.

http://home.earthlink.net/~rmbox/Reticulated/Toys.html

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
Ok, I can see it sittin right there. I don't know what the file is, but I'm sure it doesn't belong in your command directory or in startup.

Here is what I would do.

>> go to start and run regedit

>> click in order:

+ HKey_Local_Machine
+ Software
+ Microsoft
+ Windows
+ CurrentVersion
RUN

>> with RUN highlighted, right click on and delete in the right hand pane:

"DrivegCR"="C:\\WINDOWS\\COMMAND\\DrivegCR.exe"

>> close the registry editor and reboot.

>> go to the windows\command directory (or just do a Find Files search) and delete: DrivegCR.exe (If you want, you can copy it someplace else first and delete it)

That should take care of the startup problem

I see a bunch of stuff there also that appear to be associated with some kind of "hotKey" utility. I can't find any hits or info on them. If you know what they are, fine.

Here is one:

"s3syskey"="s3syskey.exe

The others all have "key" in them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.