Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 with a Windows Vista operating system. Recently, I forgot my password for my administrator user. What should I do to reset the password please?

Thank you for your help.
Bandnerd

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
17,735 Posts
If you are asking about any user account at the Adminstrator level..... such as the Owner which is always an admin level account... and you are asking about the Windows startup password.....then:

With the Vista operating system, there no longer is any way to reset this password, as there was in the XP operating system.

You can accomplish the task by doing a new install of Vista. This is about all we are allowed to post regarding getting rid of the Windows password.

Microsoft link about this problem>>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/What-to-do-if-you-forget-your-Windows-password

I have to Close your thread as our Rules do not allow any other help for password workarounds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.