Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get to the page after starting my computer by tapping the F8 key my computer goes to the webage where the page is covered with sentences. I wait and wait for it to go to the page where I can go to the webpage where I can use my arrow key to go up to my "safe Mode" and hit enter. For some reason my computer stops at the full pages of sentences. Once I would get into safe mode and proceed to System Restore my system would let me go back to a date when my computer was working properly.
By the way if I use the regular method of Systyem Restore it goes through the process and at the end I get a message your computer cannot be restored to an ealier date, try another date.
Your help with this matter would be appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
"Sentences"?

Some changes to the machine prevent System Restore points from being used. You may be out of luck with that. System Restore runs from within Windows so it won't be on the boot pages.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Sentences"?

Some changes to the machine prevent System Restore points from being used. You may be out of luck with that. System Restore runs from within Windows so it won't be on the boot pages.
Dear Sir,

Once I was able to get to the webpage where I could use "safe mode" everything worked correctly. Why am I stuck on the the page that is filled with lines of some types of data? Thanks.

·
Administrator
13,568 Posts
Infantrymedic,

Since your post was not a "Tip or Tricks" to show others, I've moved it to the appropriate forum (Windows XP) for you to get more help.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
can you boot up in normal mode? If so read the following
there are some programs that stop system restore from working. Zone alarm being one of them.There are others. When you turn them off system restore may work. Read this and go from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.