Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove Universal Remote - Restore Old Remotes

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  RT 
#1 ·
I paid a techie to install a Logitech Harmony 665 universal remote for my new Samsung 65" 'Smart" tv. It's SO inconvenient to use (for cable box/tv/dvd player) that we want to go back to the old remotes. But I don't know how to go about it w/out getting the techie out here again. Is there any way I can just got into the software he loaded onto my PC and just delete it and have all the old remotes work again?

#6 ·
In league with Drabdr here, the Harmony is very well reviewed and well liked by most owners. Though I do not own one, have considered purchasing it more than once. If were to get a universal, that'd be the one I'd look at first.

But more to the point, you should be able to remove the Logitech software from your PC, regardless of the OS version (which I don't think was mentioned) but in most Windows environments it'll be Add/Remove Programs via Control Panel.

And you said the old remotes now have only partial functionality...
Assuming they worked fine before the Logitech install, it baffles me why the old remotes would be affected at all.

But you might try resetting to factory default, which will be buried somewhere in the TV's menu... but that will negate any changes you might have to the audio/color/brightness/contrast, etc. settings you might have made.

And it often helps to change out the batteries in the remotes, that's sort of a "reset" too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.