Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister's computer is a HPW17E and is running on Windows VISTA. All of her removable disk drives I, H, F, G, and E are full. Her C drive is a fourth full and D drive about 3/4 full. I believe she may have a virus. They were using Trend Micro Antivirus 2008 plus antispyware. They did not renew there antivirus software when it expired. Will the old virus software still work except for any new viruses except for any new viruses not being detected, or when the old software expires would they no longer have any kind of virus protection? The screen on the computer had went black. After leaving it off they are able to get back on finally. What are your suggestions to fixing the full drives? They have a ton of pictures, not backed up. Any suggestions to prevent from losing these pictures? Any helps appreciated!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
You should check out under General Security what freeware is recommended for Internet Security and virus protection. As far as I know, when a program is not updated, you are not protected.
Are all those drives harddrives built in? Or USB drives? If you can, get an external drive to backup each drive. If they are usb drives, only plug one at a time in, then you shouldn't have a problem.
Is this a desktop or a laptop? Laptops overheat when too much is plugged in and shut down. Also when a virus checker (even if outdated) first runs, it can get stalled by too many drives to be checked. I unplug my USB sticks and then everything works fine.
Updating memory also helps, since you didn't clarify what component the computer has, every bit of informations helps the volunteers to come up with an answer.
And Welcome to TSG,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.